Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm still researching on genetics, for it is going to be the main focus on our end of the year exam. I have been going through power points and have found this to be the most important parts of this unit. 


Mitosis is a type of reproduction where a cell produces an identical replica of itself with the same number of patterns of genes and chromosomes.


Meiosis is a special process in a cellular division where cells are created containing genes that are of different types of combinations with different chromosomes from the normal cell. It is used in sexual reproduction of organisms to combine male and female,  to create a new organism. Mitosis is used by one cell organism to reproduce.


http://www.slideshare.net/cmillica/what-you-need-to-know-for-the-genetics-test


After researching on genetics I took a genetics quiz. It was a fun way to test my knowledge. I could see how much this 20% project helped my science grade increase, and will help me in10th grade, for I will be more knowledgeable about this subject.

Quiz: http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/csjh/woody/chapter3_science.htm
This is an example of the questions I had to answer.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Yasmina, well done. I hope you found this process useful and it helped in your classes.

    Thank you

    Mr Hall

    ReplyDelete